A wise friend once said to me, “Know where you’re going before you start running.” For any successful organization, having a solid and precise mission is an imperative. The Breakthrough Ambassadors recently selected their first class of senior ambassadors to accomplish this imperative for the Breakthrough Ambassadors program.
The Breakthrough Ambassadors evolved out of the Breakthrough Norcross collective impact initiative. The inaugural class of approximately 100 students will be exposed to special opportunities such as meeting with executives and professionals from a variety of sectors, and receiving career training and career pathway orientation.
By establishing a precise mission, purpose and characteristics, the Breakthrough Ambassadors now have a clear understanding of how their organization will benefit not only ambassadors but also the community in which they are serving.
Breakthrough Ambassador mission:
- To remove barriers to opportunity in order to provide everyone with an equal chance to succeed.
Breakthrough Ambassador purpose:
- A mentoring organization that provides service, leadership development, and networking opportunities to enhance post high school success
Breakthrough Ambassador characteristics:
- Innovative- Focus on generating new ideas to solve community challenges
- Engaged- Operate at a grassroots level to stay relevant to, and to learn from, the communities we serve
- Influential- Conduct ourselves to develop the expertise, talent and network of relationship to enhance our ability to bring change
- Trusted- Strive to be reliable, experienced and honest in all we do
Breakthrough Ambassadors will now serve through the broader Breakthrough Norcross Community collective impact network by assisting partners who are working to improve our community. These ambassadors will carry this mission through life as they grow into our future community leaders.