HEALTHY FAMILIES INITIATIVE
We are driven by a belief – supported by experience and research- that people from all walks of life are more likely to flourish if they have an intact, healthy family and strong relationships.
WORKSHOP AND EVENTS
Love Is A Choice, I Choose You
Date: Saturday, February 10th
Time: Time: 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
4511 Jones Bridge Cir NW
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
Healthy Families Initiative invites you to join us for Love is a Choice, I Choose You, an evening designed for you and your spouse to celebrate your love for one another during a vow renewal ceremony.
How to Avoid Falling for a Jerk or Jerkette
Dates: Wednesdays, February 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th
Time: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Peachtree Corners Presbyterian Church
5918 Spalding Drive,
Norcross, GA 30092
*Each week a meal will be provided along with a chance to win gift card.
To register for additional HFI workshops with various workshop dates and times, click on the registration button below.
IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY
You can make a large impact in your community through small gestures.
We launched the Healthy Families Initiative (HFI) in our own backyard of Peachtree Corners and Norcross – one of the most economically and racially diverse areas of the state. This community-based program focuses on finding ways to encourage healthy family relationships, strong marriages and stable families.
Through partnerships with local churches, nonprofits, schools, and businesses, we’re ensuring the Healthy Families Initiative is a success and sustainable for years to come. We are driven by a belief – supported by experience and research- that people from all walks of life are more likely to flourish if they have an intact, healthy family and strong relationships.
WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP?
If you are interested and you know others that are interested also, please send an email to Joyce.Whitted@georgiaopportunity.org.
In the email please enter in the subject line: SIGN ME UP
In the body of the email, please send us the following:
- Your desired role in the initiative
- Your Contact Information (Name, Email Address, Phone Number and the best way to reach you)
- Any current certifications that you have
- As a church, identify the couples in your congregation who would be great mentors
- As an organization who has space where classes can be held, specify available facility location(s) and times
If you have any questions, contact Joyce Whitted at 877.814.0535 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
HFI needs your help in the following areas:
- Provide permanent locations to hold classes
- Become a mentor to young couples and adolescents
- Become a certified trainer and help us deliver relationship education classes
- Bring a HFI class to your church
- Spread the word about HFI in your community
- Ask your family, friends, and colleagues to get involved
- Help us recruit experienced mentors, educators, and leaders
- Commit to serve for at least one year
- Pray for the initiative