HEALTHY FAMILIES INITIATIVE
FEATURED WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS
HFI is offering a new way to connect with licensed professionals via a series of live web conferences.
There are a limited number of participant slots to interact with licensed professionals as they tackle trending relationship topics.
This interactive workshop is designed specifically for high school students. You will learn how to effectively date and know if a date is long-term relationship material.
Learn how you can guide another couple through:
• Identifying each other’s roles in marriage
• Learning effective communication and conflict resolution skills
• Establishing a plan for managing their finances
• Experiencing true intimacy
In this workshop parents will learn:
-Positive co-parenting relationships techniques
-Stress and conflict management strategies
-Strength of ongoing involvement of both parents
-Money management/child-support payment
-Healthy decisions about romantic relationships
A “best of the best” relationship training workshop, PREP creates excellent marriage mentors and trainers. Scientifically based and empirically tested, the approach is based on over 30 years of research in the field of relationship health.
The Strong Families for Life Program for parents and children ages 10 to 14 is designed to:
1. Help parents/caregivers learn nurturing skills that support their children, and how to effectively discipline and guide youth.
2. Teach youth effective skills for dealing with stress and peer pressure, plus give youth a healthy outlook and an increased appreciation of their family.
IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY
We launched the Healthy Families Initiative (HFI) in our own backyard of Peachtree Corners and Norcross – one of the most economically and racially diverse areas of the state. This community-based program focuses on finding ways to encourage healthy family relationships, strong marriages and stable families.
Through partnerships with local churches, nonprofits, schools, and businesses, we’re ensuring the Healthy Families Initiative is a success and sustainable for years to come. We are driven by a belief – supported by experience and research- that people from all walks of life are more likely to flourish if they have an intact, healthy family and strong relationships.
WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP?
If you are interested and you know others that are interested also, please send an email to Joyce.Whitted@georgiaopportunity.org.
In the email please enter in the subject line: SIGN ME UP
In the body of the email, please send us the following:
- Your desired role in the initiative
- Your Contact Information (Name, Email Address, Phone Number and the best way to reach you)
- Any current certifications that you have
- As a church, identify the couples in your congregation who would be great mentors
- As an organization who has space where classes can be held, specify available facility location(s) and times
If you have any questions, contact Joyce Whitted at 877.814.0535 or at email@example.com.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
HFI needs your help in the following areas:
- Provide permanent locations to hold classes
- Become a mentor to young couples and adolescents
- Become a certified trainer and help us deliver relationship education classes
- Bring a HFI class to your church
- Spread the word about HFI in your community
- Ask your family, friends, and colleagues to get involved
- Help us recruit experienced mentors, educators, and leaders
- Commit to serve for at least one year
- Pray for the initiative