HEALTHY FAMILIES INITIATIVES
We are driven by a belief – supported by experience and research- that people from all walks of life are more likely to flourish if they have an intact, healthy family and strong relationships.
AN OPPORTUNITY FOR REAL CHANGE
– We launched the Healthy Families Initiative (HFI) in our own backyard of Peachtree Corners and Norcross – one of the most economically and racially diverse areas of the state. This community-based program focuses on finding ways to encourage healthy family relationships, strong marriages and stable families.
Through partnerships with local churches, nonprofits, schools, and businesses, we’re ensuring the Healthy Families Initiative is a success and sustainable for years to come. We are driven by a belief – supported by experience and research- that people from all walks of life are more likely to flourish if they have an intact, healthy family and strong relationships.
SAVE THE DATE
Love On Your Family Retreat
Date: Saturday, February 25 2017
Time: 10:00am – 2:00pm
Location: Meadowcreek High School
4455 Steve Reynolds Blvd
Norcross, Ga 30093
*We will provide lunch, snacks, and family fun packs to all families who participate
Coffee, Compassion, and Community | Pastors Connecting With One Another to Impact Their Community
Date: Thursday, April 13, 2017
Time: 9:00am – 10:30am
*Breakfast will be served
IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY
You can make a large impact in your community through small gestures.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
HFI needs your help in the following areas:
- Provide permanent locations to hold classes
- Become a mentor to young couples and adolescents
- Become a certified trainer and help us deliver relationship education classes
- Bring a HFI class to your church
- Spread the word about HFI in your community
- Ask your family, friends, and colleagues to get involved
- Help us recruit experienced mentors, educators, and leaders
- Commit to serve for at least one year
- Pray for the initiative
WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP?
If you are interested and you know others that are interested also, please send an email to Joyce.Whitted@georgiaopportunity.org.
In the email please enter in the subject line: SIGN ME UP
In the body of the email, please send us the following:
- Your desired role in the initiative
- Your Contact Information (Name, Email Address, Phone Number and the best way to reach you)
- Any current certifications that you have
- As a church, identify the couples in your congregation who would be great mentors
- As an organization who has space where classes can be held, specify available facility location(s) and times
If you have any questions, contact Joyce Whitted at 877.814.0535 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.